Friday, January 15, 2010

A Time for Prayer

The world has been glued to the news programs since Tuesday's devastating earthquake in Haiti.
It makes all the things that I enjoy in such comfort and all the little things that I worry about seem so insignificant!
What can I say except to say what others have said.....we all must pray
and give. In the midst of watching in disbelief and fighting tears as I hear the stories.....
I pray for these people who have little or nothing even in the best of times! 
And yet...the news reports say that shortly after the quake the people were in the streets singing songs and praises....even in the midst of destruction!
Two of my nephews worked as reporters in Haiti just a few years ago and they
loved living among the wonderful people there. My sister just sent
me a picture of the nice cottage where they had lived while working there and it
is now just a pile of rubble. Fortunately, their friend, who moved in there after they left, survived the earthquake and got out of the house safe and sound! 
I pray that the fortitude, faith and perseverance that the people of Haiti have  
had to develop in order to survive even before this event, will now be the  
strength that will get them through this unimaginable tragedy.

In the meantime....we watch, give and pray.....
Photobucket

No comments: