Monday, November 30, 2009

The "Greening" Continues!

Yes...the tree is up....you'll notice it has to be kind of tucked behind
the sofa because of space issues. Isn't a major deal to figure out where
to place the tree? It is always a challenge but it always works out and
once those lights are twinkling who really cares if things are a bit crowded?
Photobucket
This arrangement on our coffee table was a gift I received several
years ago from a sweet friend, who is a very talented floral designer.
I added some fresh greenery and berries and one would never know that it isn't totally fresh arrangement.
Photobucket
OK...not to brag...but this arrangement below is the one I am most proud of!
A few weeks ago, Mr. Sweettea was out in the back yard pulling down this vine that was wrapped around one of our giant cedar trees.
He proudly showed me the vine he was yanking out of the tree when I suddenly screamed!
I realized it was a vine of bittersweet! I LOVE bittersweet! I pay good money for dried bittersweet vine!
In fact, I had my brother buy some for me last year at the craft fair and 
he was shocked at how expensive a dried up old vine was!(What is it about these guys that they don't appreciate fine things like bittersweet?)
Last year, after I was through with the vines, I threw them out in my back yard and I guess a bird or the wind carried some of the berries up under one of our cedar trees
where it proceeded to grow into a lovely vine. Mr Sweettea wasn't too happy that his "vine destuction" project was called to an abrupt halt and his new instructions were to carefully retrieve it for me.
But I convinced him that we were growing a "high dollar crop" and that if he didn't pull it up by the roots we would have a bumper crop of bittersweet in a few years!!
Below in the vase is the first bunch of our soon to be bumper crop of bittersweet!!

Photobucket
"I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I
in him, He will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing."
John 15:5 NIV

No comments: